Media Transfers and Audio Restoration
Fast Trax is the place to call when you need one type of media transferred to another. We also provide audio restoration using digital tools to help clean up old noisy recordings and we can treat old sticky magnetic tape for transfer.
Some of the formats we support are:
- 2 inch 24 track reel to reel (15ips and 30ips)
- 1/4 half track (15ips and 7 /12 ips)
- 1/4 quarter track (15 ips and 7 1/2 ips)
- LP and 45 rpm vinyl records
- Stereo DAT (44.1 and 48 KHz)
- Alesis RDAT (type I and type II)
- all types of wav, asf, etc in numerous bit word lengths
- Audio CDs
We have the latest tools to help clean up old noisy recordings. These tools can help reduce or eliminate things such as tape hiss, record scratches, pops, and clicks. We can even minimize background noise on voice tapes to make the voice easier to understand.
The Sticky Tape Syndrome
Fast Trax can help restore old magnetic recording tapes that have gotten sticky. The problem with these tapes are due to a change in the glue used to adhere the oxide particles to the polyester film. Many of these tapes are unplayable today due to the “sticky tape syndrome”.
Fast Trax has a special oven to gently heat treat the tape and “re-set” the glue so the tape can be played and transferred to another format for archival purposes.